[ncdnhc-discuss] ISOC to bid on .org

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Fri Jun 7 18:24:49 CEST 2002

At 12:01 PM 6/7/2002 -0400, James Love wrote:
>      In my opinion, an election process that is fair, open, and which
>produced good results, has a lot of advantages.

Perhaps you should consider giving at least as much weight to substance as
to form?

>      I don't know what the appropriate turnout is.   This isn't an election
>for a member of parliament.

So, you would be happy if an open and fair process for a group of 10,000
had only one person show up to do the voting?

You do not believe there would be a fundamentally crippling problem with
such an eventuality?

>: I was not "hired by ICANN for at-large.org".  I registered the domain
>: name "at-large.org" back before you heard of DNS, in support of an
>: "at-large constituency" for the DNSO (that was an old term for an
>: individuals constituency).
>
>      Kent "usual steaming innuendo style" has its own innuendo.

You are calling a simple, direct explanation "innuendo"???

>   You could
>have easily have noted that since your name is on the domain, and since you
>have been active in many of the discussions regarding these issues, for some
>time, and are one of the more visible ICANN staff members on these issues,
>and for years you ran the NCC elections, and worked on the DNSO election
>software, and have strong opinions about the CIRA elections, people have
>assumed that you had something more to do with at-large.org.

Let's see.  You want to penalize Kent for being active and actually doing
necessary work?

Jamie, you are paid for yourinvolvement in ICANN.  You appear to find it
very difficult to take seriously people who actually a) know what they are
talking about, and b) participate on a truly volunteer basis.

Nonetheless, please refrain from this sort of childish attack.  It's not
just demeaning to you; it brings the whole NCC down.

d/