[ncdnhc-discuss] nomcom

Alejandro Pisanty - DGSCA y FQ, UNAM apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Tue Jun 4 20:22:32 CEST 2002

James,

I take seriously your question on the Nominating Committee proposal. But I
have to answer your question with a question, because that is the status
as you surely noticed when reading the E&R Committee paper: assuming that
there will be a NomCom, what do you think its size should be? how should
it be composed? what can be done to define the desirable profiles of its
members, their origin, their diversity, and their responsiveness to the
needs of the broadest set of communities possible, ie openness?

Please note the assumption. It won't be too useful, in reply to this
question, to challenge the NomCom concept, etc., notwithstanding a wide
range of valid concerns. The question has deliberately been left open.
There have been a number of proposals to answer it, most of them published
in the public forum, and we are awaiting further input which will be most
valued.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Director General de Servicios de Computo Academico
UNAM, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
Tel. (+52-55) 5622-8541, 5622-8542 Fax 5550-8540
http://www.dgsca.unam.mx
*
** 10 Aniversario de Internet Society - www.inet2002.org en Washington, DC
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isoc.org