[ncdnhc-discuss] Trashing Our Founding Principles

James Love james.love at cptech.org
Tue Jun 4 15:36:41 CEST 2002

Jefsey is right.  The NomCom *is* the membership, for all practical
purposes.  So, Alejandro, Vint, Joe Sims and others should provide some
detail on this detail.   Who will be on the NomCom?  How many people will be
on the NomCom?  Who appoints people to be on the NomCom?  Does the BOD
appoint the members of the NomCom?    Does the NomCom apoint its own
members?   Do the SO's appoint the NomCom members?  Do domain holders vote
to put people on the NomCom?   .......My guess, the BOD would prefer to
control who is on the NomCom.

Interesting  note also is that a bare majority on the NomCom is a
supermajority on the board, because the board itself appoints several board
members.

Jamie