[ncdnhc-discuss] Trashing Our Founding Principles

J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin jefsey at club-internet.fr
Tue Jun 4 13:08:23 CEST 2002

On 17:56 03/06/02, DannyYounger at cs.com said:
>a true membership organization with the membership electing their own
>leadership and Board.

Dear Danny,
the point is who would be the members? In the Reform Committee Plan there
is a Membership: it is the NomComgress.

You will not change something which has been agreed and decided and that
everyone will support including you very soon (as long as Joe resigned,
McLougling went awayand Stuart Lynn removed his claim on the root server
system and ICANN on IANA).

What is open is the IANA assignement and the NomComgress designation. What
you want is a representative NomComgress. I would advise 1000+ membres: one
GAC, one ccTLD, one @large per country plus representatives from ISOC,
Consumers, Civil Right. They want to avoid capture and costs, this does not
mean 20 people only in the committee. Again the proper test which was
proposed: could Karl and Andy as well as Nii and Katho be elected with that
system?

jfc