[ncdnhc-discuss] Fwd: [cctld-discuss] ICANN updates

Bret Fausett fausett at lextext.com
Wed Jul 31 00:33:18 CEST 2002

Dave Crocker wrote:
> On the other hand, it is interesting to see that all the court authorized
> were pretty much the same terms as ICANN had been specifying.
>
> Even better is the stricture on Karl that he provide prior notice.  That
> strikes me as something close to an injunction against him, suggesting that
> whatever harsh language the court used against ICANN, it clearly has
> concerns about Karl's behaviors.

I think you're misreading it, Dave. Prior to even filing suit, Karl had
offered to do just that: give prior notice. Karl had proposed seven days
notice, and the court said to give ICANN ten days notice, but we're talking
about the difference of a long weekend.

I've linked Karl's pre-litigation offer letter from my report from
yesterday's hearing:

   http://icann.blog.us/stories/2002/07/29/auerbachWinsCourtCriticize.html

    -- Bret

(not a member of the NCDNHC, just an observer)