[ncdnhc-discuss] Fwd: [cctld-discuss] ICANN updates

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Wed Jul 31 00:20:25 CEST 2002

At 05:55 PM 7/30/2002 -0400, Milton Mueller wrote:
>The court ruling in the Auerbach v. ICANN case is very
>important. At last, an objective authority has
>sent a clear message to ICANN that it has been wasting its
>money and needlessly blocking transparent operation
>by resisting a director's request to see corporate records.

On the other hand, it is interesting to see that all the court authorized
were pretty much the same terms as ICANN had been specifying.

Even better is the stricture on Karl that he provide prior notice.  That
strikes me as something close to an injunction against him, suggesting that
whatever harsh language the court used against ICANN, it clearly has
concerns about Karl's behaviors.

d/