[ncdnhc-discuss] clarification (sort of) on ICANNatlarge.com and other ICANN "at-large" things

Erick Iriarte Ahon faia at amauta.rcp.net.pe
Thu Jul 18 18:40:40 CEST 2002

Hi!

>>Nobody have the global voice of users, and each region have differents
>>ways to defend their positions. The Internet is not only in the US
>>Congress, and not only the "American User Organizations" defend to all users .
>
>Erick, you are free to choose to support organizations that treat you like
>a PR focus group, and never grant you any voting rights in anything.   Yes
>of course.  Send a donation to Esther, by all means.

>However, I don't see how you refer to ICANNatlarge.com as a "American
>User" organization.  Right now it only has 1 US board member, out of
>7.  Joop runs the web page, and Thomas Roessler runs the listsevers.  And
>what does any of this have to do with the US Congress?  I was not aware
>that democracy was a US only thing.  Indeed, I don't think it is a US only
>thing.

Don't confuse.. i don't against ICANNatlarge.com. I don't use the term
"American User Organization" for ICANNatlarge, i use this term to another's
"things" that think the only "good ideas" and "good things" are in US.

I respect a global and diversity organization, because try to defend all
interests.

Is more cleare my possition?

Erick