[ncdnhc-discuss] Competition and the ORG report

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Fri Jan 25 03:57:44 CET 2002

What is the intent of the new language?

If it's to prevent a couple of companies from providing registry
services for .ORG then it may be better to be specific and name those
companies rather than using terms like "dominant".  There's a lot of
money involved, suspect someone going to argue over what dominant
is/is not.

As for what may happen in 5 years, so put in some words about a
review of conditions after x (5?) years.  I assume Verisign can't
provide services immediately (ever?) anyway, purpose of divestiture
being to take ORG away from them.

Thanks,

Adam