[ncdnhc-discuss] INVOICES.

Barbara Simons simons at acm.org
Wed Jan 23 13:13:39 CET 2002

When I received the 3MB invoice from Mike Haynes, stating only
that ACM owed $300, I wrote to Mike saying that I was traveling
when the file arrived and ended up downloading it at 2400 baud.
I suggesting that folks living in economically disadvantaged
countries were probably having similar problems.  Mike responded
by saying that he had not realized that he was scanning the files in
that format and apologizing for the inconvenience.  He assured me
that the problem had been fixed.  It's unfortunate that no one thought
of resending small files with plain text for those folks who may not
have been unable to download such a large message.
Regards,
Barbara