[ncdnhc-discuss] Call for an Urgent help whic could also help us a lot

Jefsey Morfin jefsey at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 10 08:52:55 CET 2002

I apologize for this intrusion but IMHO this is an urgent opportunity in
the best interest of the whole Internet Community.

The California Technology, Trade and Commerce Agency issued a Next
Generation Internet ( NGI) Application Development Program Call for
Proposals offering lead funding of up to $2.5 million . Only California
based businesses, non-profit corporations and public institutions are
eligible to apply, but products and development teams may originate from
anywhere.

Proposal deadline is January 15 2002 - more information at www.commerce.net
or at NGI Application Development RFP Donald Cahill - (408) 446-1260 x273
or Joanne Kim (408) 446-1260 x206.

I found a potential revolution being "a smart working environment browser"
permitting to carry your  own activities on a unique and simply organized
browser without caring if you are on the nets or on your own windows, Mac,
Linux machine as it is Java and simultaneously locally and ASP supported in
a stand-alone and in groupware form). That project is under development and
is sponsored and funded by the French Innovation Agency.

The designer agrees to sponsor the GA and the NCDNHC if he gets funding
through us. I proposed that the ICANN to use a community management tool: I
had selected this product to serve as a basis for such a project. For
on-line working forum like us, it would be a real plus.

You will find a rush presentation of the designer under
http://jefsey.com/superwiz.htm. I would also propose that other similar
project could be selected and that an ICANN WG works on having one to
support governance management for transparent, coordinated, simple
multi-lingual archiving, votes,  position editing, etc...

I have been informed of the Californian program only recently so its
designer looks very urgently for a partner to co-apply. Any
software/internet oriented Californian firm, University or non-profit may
be interested. I personally think it could also be a kill for a University
as the market is for millions of copies.

Jefsey Morfin