[ncdnhc-discuss] Election results! NOT TRUSTED

Dany Vandromme vandrome at renater.fr
Wed Feb 27 08:26:09 CET 2002

Milton Mueller wrote:

> Here are the results of the NCDNH Constituency vote.
> A complete, statistical report will be sent to the
> constituency by the election operator (Elisabeth
> Porteneuve) tomorrow (Feb. 27).
>
> 1. All resolutions were ratified by substantial margins
>
> 2. New Adcom:
>    Eung Hwi CHUN, AP
>    Dany Vandromme, EU
>    Harold Feld, NA
>    Thierry Amoussoubgo, AF
>    Erick Iriarte, LAC
>
> 3. New Names Council members:
>    Eung Hwi CHUN, AP - 18 votes
>    Harold Feld, NA  - 10 votes
>
>    Tie:
>    Erick Iriarte, LAC - 5 votes
>    (note: includes INIA vote)
>    Dany Vandromme, EU - 5 votes
>
> 4. We have two options:
>    a. One of the two tied candidates can withdraw, if
>       they wish to concede to the other. Of course,
>       both candidates have every right to remain if
>       they choose.
>    b. We can hold a runoff election between these two
>       candidates.
>
>    So, Dany, Erick, please indicate your intention
> and if necessary we will proceed with a direct runoff
> between Dany Vandromme and Erick Iriarte. We need to
> hear from you by Friday.

-
Milton and others:

This election has been a complet failure.
It is the first time in my life I see a vote, with the voting list not
closed before the start of the vote, the closing date not respected, and
the voting officers including votes not supported by a ballot. The vote
results should have been posted as planned on Feb 23th. They were not,
because the voting rules were not fully understood by the voting
officers, nor by voters.
Membership list were supposed closed from Friday 8th. From that, the
draft voting list was produced on thursday, but none of the voting
officer did check and close it prior the vote start.

A tie vote, which is not part of the established voting rules, with an
undefined voting list would not produce the same result for the last NC
rep, since emanating from a different distribution of voters, with
different rationale for voting.

The vote are so clear to everyone that we see now members, voting for
the tie, before that the vote has been organized and opened: