[ncdnhc-discuss] Proposed NCC resolution on conflicts

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Thu Feb 7 18:36:39 CET 2002

At 12:22 PM 2/7/2002 -0500, James Love wrote:
>Well, Dave is suggesting we tailor conflict rules according to what we think
>about individual staff members,

Jamie, that is an impressively creative interpretation of my comment.  It
is so creative, it is exactly opposite to what I said.

In fact I am suggesting that you want to AVOID APPEARING to be tailoring in
such a way.

>  and that in the case of his friend Kent,
>there apparently ain't no need to have any rules, because he's a good guy.

And of course there was no such thing being said or implied.

>I guess that is one way to run ICANN.   But I think it would be better to
>just have a rule that applies to everyone working on the staff,

It would be better to have good reasons for rules, no matter what the rules
are or who they apply to.

>In our view, the staff is supposed to work for ICANN, not run ICANN, and I
>don't want to debate the individual character of each staff member.

I guess you want government employees to have their right to vote in
elections taken away, too?

Hmmm.  I guess that anyone who puts in any effort to have a lay passed also
needs to have their right to vote taken away.

That is, after all, consistent with the logic you are currently applying.

d/