[ncdnhc-discuss] Proposed NCC resolution on conflicts

James Love love at cptech.org
Thu Feb 7 18:22:00 CET 2002

Well, Dave is suggesting we tailor conflict rules according to what we think
about individual staff members, and that in the case of his friend Kent,
there apparently ain't no need to have any rules, because he's a good guy.
I guess that is one way to run ICANN.   But I think it would be better to
just have a rule that applies to everyone working on the staff, without
having to vote on whether or not people like that one person or want them to
vote in the DNSO.

In our view, the staff is supposed to work for ICANN, not run ICANN, and I
don't want to debate the individual character of each staff member.

  Jamie