[ncdnhc-discuss] Fwd: [nc-whois] Both Transfers and WHOIS Reports are pos...

Alexander Svensson svensson at icannchannel.de
Mon Dec 2 18:59:05 CET 2002

At 02.12.2002 12:27, DannyYounger at cs.com wrote:
>Kathy,
>
>you wrote:  "Like telephone numbers, we need an "unlisted" version of the
>WHOIS registration for noncommercial domain name registrants.  But I did not
>see this idea reflected in the WHOIS report."
>
>Please note that I submitted a similar proposal to the Task Force in late
>August at
>http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-whois/Arc00/msg00015.html

Danny, you wrote "Give us the equivalent of an unlisted phone number,
and allow registrars to charge for such a service." There actually
are registrars offering anonymous domain registrations by proxy,
e.g. http://www.domainsbyproxy.com/

I know that this is only a rough equivalent of an unlisted phone
number (but then again, phone numbers are only rough equivalents
of domain names).

Best regards,
/// Alexander