[ncdnhc-discuss] UN and .un

James Love james.love at cptech.org
Tue Apr 30 17:12:48 CEST 2002

I agree with Dave Crocker that I am asking ICANN to make a new policy
decision with regard to 2 letter TLDs.  I think in the case of the United
Nations, it is the right thing to do.  I think it is wrong for ICANN to stop
the UN from runnings its own registry.  Maybe the UN will have to solve this
problem at the ISO, as the EU did.  The result now is a bad one.  The UN is
willing and certainly able to run its own tld.  After the OECD saw one of
its .org domains used by a porno site, these organizations understandable
want more control over the TLD they use.  The UN doesn't want to be one of
the .int TLDs.  They want their own TLD, and they should be allowed to run
it.

Jamie