[ncdnhc-discuss] Names council candidates

Chun Eung Hwi ehchun at peacenet.or.kr
Mon Sep 10 14:53:14 CEST 2001

Dear Alejandro,

I think NCDNHC in a little bit different way from yours.
NCDNHC is not simply non-commercial constituency - why we don't have
commercial domain name holder's constituency? - It is also domain name
holders - domain consumers or users in general. We should take into
account these two aspects together.

And consumers are in a relatively disadvantageous place in market compared
with providers because providers are usually bigger and stronger in
finance as well as information than individual consumers. Therefore,
users, consumers should be supported by public policy like consumer
protection. This is the fundamental motivation for non-commercial
organizations to organize themselves for making a balanced policy.
Therefore, NCDNHC could become a good supporter of at large directors.

Whatever the founding premises are - although I think it differently from
yours, too, it is very obvious that NCDNHC, as organizations, could
be in solidarity with at large memebers.

Regards,

Chun Eung Hwi
Chun Eung Hwi
General Secretary, PeaceNet | phone:     (+82) 2- 583-3033
Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
Seoul, 158-600, Korea       | eMail:   ehchun at peacenet.or.kr