[ncdnhc-discuss] Names council candidates

Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law froomkin at law.miami.edu
Mon Sep 10 15:05:40 CEST 2001

We do have several of these: the business constitutency, the TM-holder's
constituency, the ISP constitutency, the registrars' constituency.

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Chun Eung Hwi wrote:

>.... - why we don't have
> commercial domain name holder's constituency? -[...]

My own personal view is that the constituency model has failed, like so
many corporatist experiments before it.  But if we persist on it, it's
unwise to think all people are alike and belong in one group.  We should
recognize and celebrate the functional diversity of interests of
individuals as we do corporations.

--
		Please visit http://www.icannwatch.org
A. Michael Froomkin   |    Professor of Law    |   froomkin at law.tm