[ncdnhc-discuss] Resolution on ORG Divestiture

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Sat Oct 27 05:22:49 CEST 2001

At 04:35 PM 10/26/2001, Milton Mueller wrote:
>It looks to me like we agree fundamentally on what
>to do. You want to have a partitioned vote on the
>ORG proposition. We will. There is a resolution on ORG
>for the MdR meeting. At the meeting, you can
>propose to vote on it paragraph by paragraph.

And the reason this cannot be pursued NOW and ONLINE is what, exactly?

>Then we can have a discussion of those different
>parts, and put together a final position. This is
>easier and better to do f2f.

Easier, perhaps.  Better?  To make a point of excluding members of ncdnhc
unable to attend MdR?  Probably not.

>Then, for those members who cannot attend
>the meeting, we have our standard procedure
>of further discussing and voting on the
>resolution online.

Ahh, I see.  Exclude people for the initial discussion, then develop a
false appearance of consensus, so that it will be much more difficult for
serious discussion and modification online.

Ok.  Thanks for the clarification.

>That is the agreed way to formulate a
>position that the whole constituency supports.

I keep asking where it is documented that things may be done on the list
only AFTER a meeting.  One of these days, someone will need to provide that
documentation, since it being used as the fundamental basis for -- to all
effects -- disenfranchising people unable to attend meetings.

>Is there anything wrong with this method?

See above.

d/