[ncdnhc-discuss] Resolution on ORG Divestiture

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Sat Oct 27 01:35:51 CEST 2001

Vany and others:
I'm still having trouble understanding what
the "argument" is.

It looks to me like we agree fundamentally on what
to do. You want to have a partitioned vote on the
ORG proposition. We will. There is a resolution on ORG
for the MdR meeting. At the meeting, you can
propose to vote on it paragraph by paragraph.

Then we can have a discussion of those different
parts, and put together a final position. This is
easier and better to do f2f.

Then, for those members who cannot attend
the meeting, we have our standard procedure
of further discussing and voting on the
resolution online.

That is the agreed way to formulate a
position that the whole constituency supports.
That is what we have been planning to do
all along.

Is there anything wrong with this method?

As for the ORG Task Force report, any member
can make comments on that now. There are
only two days left.

MM

>>> Nilda Vany Martinez Grajales <vany at sdnp.org.pa> 10/26/01 06:05PM >>>
1.  The NCDNHC might finish the work initiated in
the subject of .ORG and vote on such document
statement by statement in order to develop a final
and official position in behalf of the NCDNHC.

2.  The NCDNHC might also run a vote, statement by
statement, of the document sent
for public comments by the .ORG Task
Force instead voting in the document as a whole since
it would limit the scope of NCDNHC input regarding such
document.

3.  The NCDNHC might also prepares its own
statement regarding such items or
statements that were voted "NO" by majority and
 propose futher proposals in how such item
and/or statement should be implemented.