[ncdnhc-discuss] comment: NC Task Forces

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Thu Oct 25 17:16:48 CEST 2001

Yes, of course we on Names Council should inform
you (NCDNHC members) of comment deadlines.

In this case we did - an announcement
was sent both to the discuss list and the full-
membership announce list. But I agree with you
that such messages are easy to miss. Not sure
what to do about that except keep hammering
away on the discuss list....

You may be interested to learn that I had
to send a semi-angry note to DNSO Secretariat
to even get them to put the ORG call for
comments on the home page of the DNSO.

<sigh>

>>> Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> 10/25/01 05:04AM >>>

>Adam:
>As much as I appreciate your willingness to make
>comments (and agree with the comments you make)

Milton, thanks,  Comments sent.

It's tough work following these closed task forces, waiting for the
Names Council to allow us in...

>it is not very realistic for you to expect NC members
>to go through the unnecessary and wholly redundant
>process of forwarding everyone's emails to another
>address.

Would it be unrealistic to ask that you inform us of public comment
deadlines and where we should send comments to -- or have the DNSO
secretariat do it for you.  The DNSO website could be more helpful in
providing information about approaching deadlines.

Coordinating constituency responses may not be a bad idea.

Adam