[ncdnhc-discuss] comment: NC Task Forces

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Wed Oct 24 16:04:53 CEST 2001

Adam:
As much as I appreciate your willingness to make
comments (and agree with the comments you make)
it is not very realistic for you to expect NC members
to go through the unnecessary and wholly redundant
process of forwarding everyone's emails to another
address.

Here is the relevant info for submitting comments:
Review TF - public comments open 11 Oct 2001
Review Report http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20011010.NCreview-report.html
E-mail address for public comments comments-review at dnso.org
Archives http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-review/Arc01/

Just add comments-review at dnso.org into your
email and send it directly to DNSO.

--MM

http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20011011.NCteleconf-minutes.html

>NC Task Forces
>
>-NC review interim report: Philip Sheppard said that this report was
>now being circulated for public comment until October 28 when the TF
>would look at the comments and produce the final report to be
>submitted to the NC on November 4 2001.

My comment:

The task force system should be abolished and all DNSO policy making
conducted through the open processes: working groups.

Best I remember there was no support for the creation of these small
closed Names Council driven "task forces" in the public DNSO review.
The DNSO working group D (Bret Fausett) did not recommend the
adoption of these closed and controlled groups.

- - - -

Perhaps other NCC members will have comments.

Name Council representatives: could you please make sure all
constituency member comments are forwarded to the Council before Oct
28.

It would also be helpful if you could try to give the constituency
notice of comment deadlines and similar. If keeping track of key
dates is difficult for you perhaps you could ask the DNSO secretariat
to keep a timetable and just forward that periodically to the list
(announcements?)

Thanks,

Adam

Adam Peake