[ncdnhc-discuss] U.S. Congress plans hearings for .kidsproposal

Rob Courtney rob at cdt.org
Wed Oct 24 15:49:21 CEST 2001

FYI, and the IDP has posted this, the .kids hearing has been
postponed due to the ongoing bio-scare on the Hill.

I definitely agree that a Congressionally-mandated ".kids" would be a
bad idea, and CDT (and others) will be keeping an eye on this issue.

If anyone wants to see it, the "Dot-Kids Domain Name Act of 2001" (HR
2417) is available online:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d107:hr2417: