[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: [ncdnhc-announce] Constituency Meeting in the morning.

YJ Park yjpark at myepark.com
Tue Oct 16 13:02:57 CEST 2001

Dear Mr. Chun,

> What do you mean by "8. Final Position of NCDNHC(1hr)"? If it means
> NCDNHC's response to ALSC's final report, I think, we should prepare for a
> resolution in advance to clarify our points. In that report, the word of
> consensus is being used twenty times without getting any consensus and
> sometimes judging expression like "no apparent consensus" also comes out.
> NCDNHC could show up clearly what is not consensus there and what is truly
> consensus.

It has been observed that NCDNHC's resolution reading during both
the ICANN's Public Forum and DNSO's General Assembly was not
influential as we had expected as a constituency. Even though some
of them were.

However, I do still think this process is very valuable to continue,
which we as a community try to prove the white paper process,
even though it still invites lots of controversies on how to measure the
voices of the majority as you pointed above.

On the other hand, NCDNHC needs to respond to ICANN process
with reality and effiency to achieve our voices to be heard. Therefore,
NCDNHC Position Paper was expected to be presented to the community
after a series of consulation with others which can cover ALSC report
and other issues, too. The point here is the final position is not only
NCDNHC position but also the position was affected by a series of
consultation with the stakeholders here.

That was the intention to be created and realized we don't have much
time to allocate at this current stage.

So, shall we start to present more thoughts in the form of draft resolution
which can be discussed through mailing list first?

Regards,
YJ

> Regards,
>
> Chun Eung Hwi
> Chun Eung Hwi
> General Secretary, PeaceNet | phone:     (+82) 2- 583-3033
> Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
> Seoul, 158-600, Korea       | eMail:   ehchun at peacenet.or.kr
>

> On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, YJ Park wrote:
>
> > Dear members,
> >
> > According to yeterday's teleconference, NC was informed by
> > Philip who has been working with ICANN for scheduling that
> >
> > Nov. 12th morning is allocated for constituency meeting
> > Nov. 12th afternoon is allocated for Names Council meeting
> > Nov. 12th evening is allocated for General Assembly
> >
> > Therefore, the below proposed agenda needs to be modified
> > a lot given the condition we are facing. It is very likely we can't
> > afford more than four hours at most.
> >
> > Please, indicate your preference, which will be of help for AdCom
> > to provide its finalized version later.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > YJ

> > > Date: November 12. Monday
> > > Place: Will be announced soon(Coordinated by Vany Martinez)
> > > Meeting Preparation: Coordinated by Milton Mueller

> > > LA NCDNHC Meeting Draft Agenda
> > >
> > > 1. Roll Call(10 mins)
> > >
> > > 2. Approval of Meeting Minutes(20 mins)
> > >
> > > 3. Report from NC Task Forces and ICANN Task Force(1 hr)
> > >
> > >     .Dot ORG TF
> > >     UDRP Review TF
> > >     Restructure TF
> > >     Budget Committee
> > >     Search Committee
> > >     DNSO Review TF
> > >     Whois TF
> > >     IDN TF
> > >     New TLD Evaluation TF
> > >
> > > 4. NCDNHC Resolutions Discussion(2 hrs)
> > >
> > >     Security(Alejandro)
> > >     More to come.....
> > >
> > > 5. Discussion with Other Constituencies' Names Council(1 hr)
> > >
> > > 6. Discussion with DNSO Board of Directors(1 hr)
> > >     (Discussion with others SOs)
> > >
> > > 7. Discussion with At-Large Directors and At-Large Study
Committee(1hr)