[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: [ncdnhc-announce] Constituency Meeting in the morning.

Alejandro Pisanty - CUAED y FQ, UNAM apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Tue Oct 16 13:45:36 CEST 2001

Hi!

it would help enormously if we could know how far apart the positions
regarding the ALSC report still are, and what arguments for or against
subsist or have changed. In this respect could someone from the NAIS
study, member of the NCDNHC, or others, state what are at present the main
divergences, and whether there has been some approximation to find common
ground?

It would be especially helpful if we had some detailed discussion about
separate points like:

1. Completely unbounded membership vs. some identification of interest or
having something at stake in ICANN matters (which means having some
condition for membership, in turn).

2. If a condition is to be set, which is appropriate? (email address,
physical address, some form of proof that the person actually exists,
holding a domain name, etc.)

3. Precautions against possible capture and/or forms of fraud.

4. Structure and internal organization of the at-large membership, if any.

Any others?

Reasoning and not only position statements would be particularly valuable.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
UNAM  -  Educacion Abierta y a Distancia
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
Tel. (+52-5) 622-8713, 622-8633 Fax 550-8405

http://www.cuaed.unam.mx
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isocmex.org.mx, www.isoc.org
=====>>> Participa en ICANN, www.icann.org
---->> Internet y Sociedad? www.istf.org