[ncdnhc-discuss] No new LA agenda

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Wed Oct 3 04:19:54 CEST 2001

At 04:26 PM 10/2/2001, Milton Mueller wrote:
>Most of the real security issues are technical ones regarding the
>implementation of certain protocols or procedures.

Thank you for that expert opinion, Milton.  It is lucky that there is no
law against practising computer science without a license.

>I can guarantee you that as an Adcom member we are not going
>to give priority on the agenda to open-ended discussions of ill-defined
>topics.

Well, if anyone needed a clear demonstration that Milton misunderstands the
role of the adcom, it is worth reviewing the Adcom's mandate:

>NCDNHC will ... will advise members of the NCDNHC of the Names Council
>proposals and will assist Names Council representatives by providing input
>and information from NCDNHC members. Further, the Administrative Committee
>will be responsible for handling the administrative issues of the
>Constituency, including the management of fees.

Where does this provide the Adcom with authority to decide what will be
discussed by the constituency?

d/