[ncdnhc-discuss] Vany's ORG resolution

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Tue Oct 30 23:31:51 CET 2001

Vany:

I don't support your resolution.
To make things clearer, let me
list all of the documents involved.

1. The original, June 2001 "First Views" document
2. The Names Council Task Force Report of October 2001
3. The Mueller resolution on .ORG proposed for discussion
     at the Annual Meeting in Marina del Rey
4. The Martinez resolution on .ORG proposed for discussion
     at the Annual Meeting in Marina del Rey

Your resolution asks us to
a) vote on #1 paragraph by paragraph
b) apply the results of that vote to #2, and rewrite the NC policy

c) Your resolution also proposes a number of permanent
procedural changes, most of which would be difficult
to implement and are vaguely defined.

By way of contrast, the resolution on .org I
submitted (#3) simply endorses the Names Council
Task Force report and certain policies regarding
org. It is much simpler to handle the .org issue in the
way I suggest.

It would be even simpler, however,
to just vote on the Names Council TF report itself!

If the constituency agrees to do that, I will agree
to withdraw my resolution and Vany can withdraw
hers. It is rather funny to have resolutions about
resolutions about policy issues

What do you think?

--MM