[ncdnhc-discuss] Membership eligibility for chapters

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Thu Nov 29 19:21:51 CET 2001

At 09:25 AM 11/29/2001 -0800, Barbara Simons wrote:
>At the end of his note below Dave Crocker complains that
>the proposal to limit the number of daily postings amounts to
>an "illegal disenfranchisement".

No, that is not what he complains at all.  The context was about getting
"back" to important topic, remember?

Hence, the reference to illegal disenfranchisement was about the effort to
remove Kent's voting rights.

>   Being driven off the
>list because of a lack of time or resources to deal with
>mega-posters such as Mr. Crocker is a form of disenfranchisement.

However being driven off the list because of constant personal abuse is not?

>The lists that I really pay attention to are those on which people
>are sensitive to the needs of others and refrain from making an
>excessive number of postings.

However constant personal abuse does NOT demonstrate a problem with
"sensitivity"?  What a truly unique approach to interpersonal style you have.

In any event, Barbara, any serious concern about sensitivity has to include
carefully reading what is written, rather than imparting one's own
interpretation and taking flight with it.

d/