[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: Update: ICANN backs down on leaflet restrictions

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Sun Nov 11 08:08:01 CET 2001

At 12:33 AM 11/11/2001 -0500, DannyYounger at cs.com wrote:
>"Question:  Why didn't anyone from the ACLU bother to contact ICANN to see
>what the rules were?"
>
>One of the problems is that you keep changing the rules.

Ignoring the fact that you entirely ignore the essential nature of the
requirement to check facts before publishing comments about them, thank you
so much for highlighting the major issue:

ICANN should have set out the entire set of precisely complete rules 2
years ago and never changed them.

I mean, the idea that they might actually adapt to changing conditions is
so silly, how could anyone ever consider it?

And, by the way, that you do not comprehend just how destructive New.net's
efforts are suggests that you should learn rather more about the nature of
the DNS before criticizing work concerning it.

d/

ps.  It is impressive to see the strong support people like you and
Froomkin give to ICANN.  One might forget that you are ostensibly working
WITHIN the organization.  The phrase "nipping at their heels" comes to mind.