[ncdnhc-discuss] "...you do not comprehend just how destructive New.net's efforts are..."

Jim Fleming jfleming at anet.com
Sun Nov 11 08:52:21 CET 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Crocker" <dhc2 at dcrocker.net>
To: <DannyYounger at cs.com>
Cc: <discuss at icann-ncc.org>; <mclaughlin at pobox.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2001 1:08 AM
Subject: Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] Re: Update: ICANN backs down on leaflet
restrictions

> At 12:33 AM 11/11/2001 -0500, DannyYounger at cs.com wrote:
> >"Question:  Why didn't anyone from the ACLU bother to contact ICANN to
see
> >what the rules were?"
> >
> >One of the problems is that you keep changing the rules.
>
> Ignoring the fact that you entirely ignore the essential nature of the
> requirement to check facts before publishing comments about them, thank
you
> so much for highlighting the major issue:
>
> ICANN should have set out the entire set of precisely complete rules 2
> years ago and never changed them.
>
> I mean, the idea that they might actually adapt to changing conditions is
> so silly, how could anyone ever consider it?
>
> And, by the way, that you do not comprehend just how destructive New.net's
> efforts are suggests that you should learn rather more about the nature of
> the DNS before criticizing work concerning it.

Does this mean that New.Net is having an "impact" that you find destructive
?
If so, what is being destroyed ? monopoly and arbitrary control of the TLD
market ?

You once were opposed to the .BIZ TLD, now you work for Neustar and
appear to have changed your position. You also were once opposed to
Registries
having a monopoly and warned people about becoming "locked in" with a
Registry.
Have you changed your position and now support monopoly Registries ?
or, do you support the Dual Registry situation that exists with .BIZ ?
http://www.dot-biz.com/DNS101/index.html

Jim Fleming
Why Gamble on a .BIZ Lottery? Start a Real .BIZ Today !
http://www.DOT-BIZ.com
http://www.Register-BIZ.com
http://www.BIZ-Registry.com
0:212 - BIZ World