[ncdnhc-discuss] Revised security resolution

Chun Eung Hwi ehchun at peacenet.or.kr
Wed Nov 7 04:21:18 CET 2001

Dear Dave,

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Dave Crocker wrote:

> It is easy to send copies of comments back and forth.  The difficult task
> is to evaluate those responses and form your own opinions.  This means that
> you must do some work and try to understand the problem and understand the
> claims made for and against proposed solutions.
>
> If you prefer to evaluate technical matters only in terms of which speaker
> you like, or pretend that every statement is equally valid, the result is
> quite certain to be the wrong one.

Although usually this could be a writing habit, even those above phrases
look somewhat impolite. If you read my other messages in this thread
carefully, you could understand what my opinion is.

By and large, I feel that as for you, there is some severe
miscommunication or misunderstanding of others' arguments because of the
differences between your way of thinking and others'. And I think that it
frequently leads to very destructive chatterings.

I tried to clarify this point in a few ways, but it seems to be not easy
for me particularly because I am a non-English speaker.

Dave, you didn't catch what I meant at all. In my prior email, I tried to
show you that you argued that administratative centralization comes out of
its technical centralization and so those two aspects could not be
separatedly considered. So, I intentionally asked some questions concerned
with adiministratative policies assuming that those are inseparable
technical issues in line with your strange argument, which I could not
understand at all. Then again, now, you are saying that no, it is not a
technical one. In my view, sometimes or many times, you are talking about
technical ones while others are talking about administratative or policy
issues.

Your very strong belief and preoccupation that others may not understand
the necessity of one single root server - prevents you from hearing and
understanding others' arguments. In one DNS, we have only one single root
server. But it is different statement from that in other DNSes, there must
be many other root servers. What is to be the relation among those root
servers in global network reality or whether such relations should be
considered or not is another different issue.

Regards,

Chun Eung Hwi
Chun Eung Hwi
General Secretary, PeaceNet | phone:     (+82) 2- 583-3033
Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
Seoul, 158-600, Korea       | eMail:   ehchun at peacenet.or.kr