[ncdnhc-discuss] Membership Status ofSiliconValleyPublicAccessLink

Barbara Simons simons at acm.org
Mon Nov 5 20:49:16 CET 2001

Nilda Vany Martinez Grajales wrote:

> And, by the way, do you ever imagine a delegate of a Non-Commercial
> organization betraying its own organization by speaking in behalf of the
> organization in favor of policies that will damage the Non-Commercial
> organization such delegate represent?
> If the members or staff or Board of Directors of a non-Commercial
> organization is trusting in its delegate, there's no reason for the
> NCDNHC members to not trust in such delegate.

Dear Vany,

The answer to your question is absolutely yes.  That is why
organizations worry about conflict-of-interest.  It is our
constituency, not some member organization, that should be
determining if there is a conflict-of-interest.

Milton has raised some valid concerns.  I hope that the people
participating in this discussion can address those concerns
specifically and avoid sharply worded emails that only inflame
the situation and obscure the underlying issues.

Regards,
Barbara