[ncdnhc-discuss] About Marketing Practices in .ORG

Milton Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Fri Dec 28 03:57:51 CET 2001

This is the silliest argument I've seen
in this entire debate. ORG is unrestricted
now, and has been for all of the time Internet
has been open to the public. 99% of all ORG
registrants entered the domain without any
restriction. So ORG's "current character"
got that way in an unrestricted environment.
It's the advocates of restriction that want
to change it.

>>> Kent Crispin <kent at songbird.com> 12/27/01 02:59 AM >>>
In fact, as I think about it now, I don't see how .org
can maintain anything like its current character without restrictions of some kind.