[Membership-affairs] {SPAM} Re: [NCUC-EC] point on the membership survey

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at egyptig.org
Mon Feb 23 14:36:43 CET 2015

Hi,

On Feb 23, 2015, at 9:44 AM, Walid AL-SAQAF <wsaqaf at gmail.com> wrote:

[SNIP]

> Just so we don't spend too much more time on this, could you do me a favor and point out that the below active list is what we want to include in the survey? Is there anything else missing, incorrect, or needs removal?
>
> GNSO Working Groups:
>
> Curative Rights Protections for IGO/INGOs (IGO-INGO-CRP)
Active
> Discussion Group – New gTLD Subsequent Rounds (ngTLDs-DG)
Active
> GAC-GNSO Consultation Group on Early Engagement (GAC-GNSO-CG)
This is Active, and although its charter was adopted by the GNSO council and the GAC, it isn't a GNSO WG per se. Just a consultation group consisting of some GNSO councillors and GAC members. It isn’t open to participation/membership.
> Geo Regions Review Community-wide WG
Not sure if this is active, or not. I don’t believe it is. It submitted a draft final report years ago, but I don’t know if this was followed up, or not.
> GNSO Data & Metrics for Policy Making WG
Active
> GNSO PDP Improvements Discussion Group (PDP-IMPR)
I’m not aware of this being active. I might have missed it.
> GNSO Review Committee (REVIEW)
Not sure what this is, but you may mean the GNSO Review Working Party (
> GNSO Standing Committee on Improvements Implementation (SCI)
Not a GNSO WG, but a standing committee chartered by the GNSO Council.
> Policy & Implementation WG (POLIMP)
Active
> RAA Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation Issues WG (PPSAI)
Active
> Translation/Transliteration of Internationalized Registration Data WG (T&T)
Active

I don’t know wether or not you want to point out that numbers 1, 10 and 11 are GNSO PDP working groups, as opposed to 5 and 9 that are GNSO (non-PDP) working groups.

Thanks.

Amr