[Membership-affairs] Welcome to the Noncommercial Users Constituency of ICANN

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Mon Jul 8 15:50:47 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 10:14:22PM +0900, Rafik Dammak (rafik.dammak at gmail.com) wrote:

> > Sounds good. In new.ncuc.org we have top-level menu entry "About",
> > it would fit there but it'd need a different (sub)title than
> > "about us" - suggestions?
> >
> > maybe "who we are", "why ncuc", "WTH is the ncuc" :)

"What is NCUC" now, but content lifted from Ning as per Bill's suggestion.
(Take a look at http://new.ncuc.org if you haven't already.)
If you want to edit it, just say so.

> > yes good work there  and as you sent emails, it is time to populate with
> > entry to make it lively. for example about any new statement and explaining
> > it in human-readable language

Do you want a login so you can start filling it up?

> > project management?,
> >
> > Yes. We had discussion about this early on, but didn't reach
> > a decision on the tool to use.

> small tool is enough, maybe redmine.

http://redmine.ncuc.org ... has been up since end of January
(created it during the intersessional in LA, Kim played with
it a little).
It's on my toy server now (very slow), if we start to use it for real
I'll move it over to ncuc's server.

[member pages]
> > Yes. Given how little stuff there is in Ning I don't see the migration
> > all that hard, but selecting and configuring a suitable plugin is needed.
> > Brenden said he had ideas about that, but I don't expect to be ready
> > with that before Durban (less than a week to go).

> does ning provide an export/import tool so we can figure out after shutting
> down it?

Yes, but I don't really know anything about it other than that Wilson
used it to export the blog entries (and imported them to WP).
Presumably it would work for member pages as well - Wilson?

--
Tapani Tarvainen