[NCUC Outreach] FW: Joining the list

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Tue Apr 9 05:17:32 CEST 2013

On Apr 09 05:29, Wilson Abigaba (wilson at isoc.ug) wrote:

> Actually, I wanted to raise this point, perhaps to the Outeach and
> executive committee.
>
> People still don't know how to join our constituencies. One has to be
> added onto ncsg-discuss after being approved by the NCSG EC. Applying
> to join ncsg is a big mystery for many as the form on the confluence
> site doesn't even work, leave alone getting to it!
>
> I get many requests from our own ncuc.org site applying for membership
> but it's not the right way!
>
> So, apart from telling those potential members that 'Apply to NCSG and
> choose NCUC', what else can we do?

How about we create a web form for joining NCUC that actually
forwards the application to NCSG EC for consideration?
That should be easy enough.

(Ideally we'd also want to track when they approve it and then add
them to NCUC member roster automatically, but that takes a bit more
doing - but not impossible with a bit of cooperation from ncsg ec.)

--
Tapani Tarvainen