[NCUC E-team] Website Prototype Back

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Sat Dec 17 14:26:26 CET 2016

On Dec 16 08:39, Rafik Dammak (rafik.dammak at gmail.com) wrote:

> I am in favor of moving to more managed service since we cannot really
> count only on volunteers to support the maintenance and operation.

Yes.

> @James @Tapani can we think about assessing NCUC basic needs (including the
> website and civicrm based membership system)  and also thinking about
> possible services we may want to have too in future.

Yes.

The hosting provider we're using for the civicrm build offers managed
systems, meaning they take care of Linux sysadmin stuff and leaving
only higher-level (wordpress or whatever) for customers (= us).
That could work well for NCUC website.

I expect we'll have the civicrm ready for production around end
of January, then we can move to NCUC website &c. But budget
requests should indeed be planned soon (forget the deadline,
February maybe?).