[NCUC E-team] Elections

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Sat Nov 15 17:14:00 CET 2014

It seems some of our members didn't get the confirmation message.
I don't know why yet, but one somewhat not-newbie-friendly feature
of the script that sends them is that if an error occurs it can't
handle (could happen if there's garbage in the database, for example)
it aborts at that point, without processing whatever remains.
This was intentional, to avoid hiding the error message(s), but
I fear the error message may have been too cryptic for Maryam
to even realize an error had occurred.

I added an explicit, (hopefully) unmistakable message to it now
if it aborts for any reason, but it's a bit late for that.

Anyway, I suggest resending the message now to all who haven't
confirmed their address yet (most of whom have never even received
the message). I can do it if Maryam's offline for the weekend
or whatever. Objections?