[NCUC E-team] Members without good email

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 14:27:54 CET 2014

Hi

> On Nov 7, 2014, at 1:28 PM, Tapani Tarvainen <ncuc at TAPANI.TARVAINEN.INFO> wrote:
>
> One special case of those are people who are both individual members
> and representatives of an organizational member and are using the same
> address for both. These cannot be handled automatically - in any
> case they cannot vote (because of ICANN voting software limitation)
> in both roles unless they get distinct email addresses for them.
>
> It seems there're three of them, so it should not be too hard
> to contact them individually and ask if they coul use an
> alternate email for the other role.

I didn’t know we had such cases, thought NCUC had worked over the years to avoid this.  Brenden, you’re most likely to have institutional memory here—how has this been addressed previously?

If someone rotates out of being an org’s rep I guess it’s not problematic for them to be individual members, but they most certainly shouldn’t be getting two ballots.  Please tell me they haven’t!

I know of one person who recently mentioned she was applying for individual membership who I now see is still listed as an org rep.  I guess I should send her a note to clarify and say only if you’re dropping the org role.  And I suppose I should send the three existing cases a note too and say please choose one or the other? Could you please pass me their details.

Sigh…

Thanks

Bill