[NCUC E-team] Members without good email

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Fri Nov 7 14:35:25 CET 2014

On Nov 07 14:27, William Drake (wjdrake at gmail.com) wrote:

> > One special case of those are people who are both individual members
> > and representatives of an organizational member and are using the same
> > address for both.

> I didn’t know we had such cases, thought NCUC had worked over the
> years to avoid this. Brenden, you’re most likely to have
> institutional memory here—how has this been addressed previously?

Even my memory is good enough here, institutional or not:
a year ago we contacted such and asked them to change
the address (in some cases they changed the org rep).

> If someone rotates out of being an org’s rep I guess it’s not
> problematic for them to be individual members, but they most
> certainly shouldn’t be getting two ballots. Please tell me they
> haven’t!

Of course they have, and that has also been extensively
discussed last year: there's nothing in the charter
that'd allow depriving them of either ballot.
(Ditto for NCSG, btw.)

Of course in general it should be easy enough for an
organization to change their rep in case she or he
applies and gets individual membership, but I don't
see much point in that: org reps are likely to be
interested in the issues concerned and thus also
likely to be individual members. Forbidding that
would mean asking organizations to nominate
representatives who don't care about the stuff.

> Could you please pass me their details.

I'll send them over privately, but if you really intend
to change policy here I'd suggest airing it out in the
discuss list first.