[NCUC E-team] Members without good email

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Fri Nov 7 13:28:28 CET 2014

On Nov 07 12:08, Maryam Bakoshi (maryam.bakoshi at icann.org) wrote:

> >Maryam,
> >
> >Sending the message to everybody can be done like this
> >(I already removed the old confirm.log):
> >
> >psql ncuc -c 'update ncucers set state=1 where state<3;'
> >psql ncuc -c 'update ncucers set xkey=trunc(100000000*random()) where
> >state=1;'
> >./passivecheck.sh --all --commit
> >
> >Fire at will. :-)
>

> Fired :)

Seems to have worked, except for those who don't have
a working email address in the database.

One special case of those are people who are both individual members
and representatives of an organizational member and are using the same
address for both. These cannot be handled automatically - in any
case they cannot vote (because of ICANN voting software limitation)
in both roles unless they get distinct email addresses for them.

It seems there're three of them, so it should not be too hard
to contact them individually and ask if they coul use an
alternate email for the other role.