[NCUC E-team] NCUC website in urgent need of care

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 16:24:26 CET 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:47 AM, Milan, Stefania <Stefania.Milan at eui.eu> wrote:
> Great, Brenden, thanks!!
>
> Slide show: we should create a new slide for SIngapore and get rid of the
> BBAA one.

Done. Although I will work with the slide show a bit later today to
make it a bit more presentable, add a Policy Conference slide.

> The slide with the map and the number of members is automatically updated,
> so that can stay as it is.
>

> Other possible items to take care of:
>
> - box "Upcoming NCUC Meeting" on homepage

Fixed.

> - the list of policy statements on homepage: do we have any recent ones to
> add?

I don't think so, but send an email to NCUC to ask if anyone has them.
E.g., invite Article 19 to blog about it or submit text for a blog
post if they wish.

> - there is a funny menu at the bottom of the pages: do we really need it?

Removed.

> There is a contact form (where does that point? who reads the mails?)

I'll test and find out, will make changes accordingly or remove it.

> - do we need the "Ballot" section under "Participate"?

That should just be visible to people who are logged in, i.e., just
Admins or others we have given permission to post, etc.

> - "About" section: do we need to have the ugly archive on the right-hand
> side? Shall we get rid of it?

Removed.

> -  again under "About": there is an empty page called "Roles". What is this
> intended to contain?

Not sure. Deleted.

> - under "Policy", two of the three items are actually empty pages. I am of
> the advice that it is better to have no page than empty pages. We can make
> them invisible, and resurrect them at need. What do you guys think?

Agree. AFAICT, these pages are again only visible to Admins or others
logged into the site (which is basically no one).

> - under "events": "Other presentations" is empty. Same as above?

See above. I've gone ahead and deleted empty pages.  I like your rule
of thumb above. No content-y, no page-y!

> - there is a box entitled "Tweets at ICANN" which appears in some pages and
> is actually empty...

I'll fix this, and maybe take some other creative liberties with the
site... :-)

-- B