[NCUC E-team] E-team meeting in Singapore?

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Wed Dec 17 19:37:56 CET 2014

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 05:40:32PM +0100, William Drake (william.drake at uzh.ch) wrote:

> Sounds like a good idea to me. Someone want to take a half hour or
> whatever and teach me some basic wordpress while you’re at it? :-)
> Stefi you offered once but we never followed up.

That is a very good idea, whether or not I make it there
(Stefania can do that just fine).

> Were you thinking of meeting in a bar, or do you want me to ask if a
> small room can be made available?

A bar would not work well, I think.

For this purpose a quiet room would be better, ideally one with a
projector or big screen (at least if there're more than three people
present). But at a pinch (in a pinch for you Americans) even
a (reasonably big) hotel room would do.

Also, I don't expect to get everything perfectly clear in one session,
but followups can be done in bars or corridors.

> I was thinking maybe I’d try to get one for an EC meeting like we
> did last year, so if we could do these meetings back to back in a
> time block it might be easier for Glen to procure. A priori Saturday
> is usually the best time for this, since Sunday the Council gets
> into all the meaty stuff (meetings with Board, GAC, Fadi, etc) and
> then from Monday it’s the full zoo and the schedule’s impossible.

Saturday sounds good (albeit jetlagged, but fortunately coffee has
been invented).