[NCUC E-team] Going offline, todo list

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Fri Mar 22 12:04:11 CET 2013

Just FYI, I'll be vacationing next week (leaving about three hours
from now) and will out of reach of even phones most of the time.
(I just might read and even respond to email during the weekend,
but not after that.)
But Wilson and Brenden have keys to the kingdom and should
be able to hold enemies at bay. :-)

In the future it would be useful to use some kind of calendar tool to
mark who's around when, just to make sure at least one of admins is
reachable at (almost) all times.

Re the todo-list, I didn't get around to updating wordpress
or starting the -discuss list; nothing big in either but I
don't want to do them when I won't be around to watch
the fireworks. :-)
But if you feel like doing either, I won't object. :-)

Updating wordpress shouldn't be hard (probably best to do
clean install from sources and avoid messing with the
apt-managed installation now there, except maybe keeping
the db).

The -discuss list is actually there already, if you want to
start it just subscribe everyone, e.g.,

sudo -u membadm psql ncuc -t -c 'select email from ncucers' >emails.txt
sudo add_members -r emails.txt ncuc-discuss

or feel free to use the GUI if you prefer.

(Either way, you might wish to edit the welcome message first.)

But I don't know if there's all that much rush with these.
Perhaps it'd even be appropriate to start ncuc-discuss
_during_ Beijing (here's hoping China's firewall will
let ssh through somehow...)