[NCUC E-team] NCUC Membership Update Needed

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org
Thu Mar 14 16:39:00 CET 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Tapani Tarvainen <
ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info> wrote:

> On Mar 13 11:45, Tapani Tarvainen (ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info) wrote:
>
> > I'm presently trying to sort out the member list
>
> Given the state it is in, in particular in that there's a lot
> of outdated contact information, I propose to do this:
>
> Spend a little more time to get at least emails of as many
> members as possible, then send a message to each saying roughly
> "this is what data we have on you as ncuc member,
> please check it and send in any corrections".
> And in the future do that every year.
>
> How's that sound?

This is a great idea, and similar to a check-in procedure Avri managed for
NCSG during its charter approval.

> I can easily automate such a customized mass mailing
> (we do just that for Effi members). We do need to
> decide what information we _want_ to have, though.
> E.g.,
>
> Name
> Type (individual/small org/large org)
> Organization
> Country
> Role (official representative / additional representative / individual)
> Domain(s)
> Website
> Primary contact email address
> Alternate email addresses, if any

This covers it I think.

> Anything else?

I'm sure you were already planning to put responses into a proper database,
but maybe we should just go ahead and install and use CiviCRM so we can
manage the membership with hopefully less pain going forward?