[NCUC E-team] NCUC Membership Update Needed

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org
Wed Mar 13 16:27:18 CET 2013

---------------------------------------
Brenden Kuerbis
Internet Governance Project
http://internetgovernance.org

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Tapani Tarvainen <
ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info> wrote:

> On Mar 13 14:14, Tapani Tarvainen (ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info) wrote:
>
> > On the other hand there're several members with their own Ning pages
> > who aren't listed on the roster, e.g., Brenden (!), so the roster
> > isn't all that complete either.
>
> One problem here is that the Ning pages do not indicate whether
> they're individual or organization pages - I realize I don't even
> know if Brenden is an individual member or not (he's not listed
> as a representative of any organization either, though).

I'm secondary rep for IGP.

> Other somewhat surprising omissions in the individual roster are
> Milton (who's the representative of Internet Governance Project)
> and Robin (rep for IP Justice, of course).

Again, they are reps for their respective organizations.

> Half a dozen people (including me) are listed as both
> individual members and organization representatives.

That shouldn't be the case.  Should be one or the other.

But there're several people (~20) with Ning pages who aren't listed
> as any organization representatives nor as individual members.

> Whether they're individual members accidentally omitted from
> the roster or former representatives of some organization,
> I can't tell.

Other that the page that lists the membership (and even that slightly
undercounts as you noticed), I wouldn't rely on the Ning website for
anything. E.g., there might be cases where several individuals from a NCUC
organizational member have pages.    It is a social network platform, not a
member registry.

Can you put what you have online somewhere so we can all review?