[NCUC E-team] NCUC Membership Update Needed

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Wed Mar 13 20:20:27 CET 2013

On Mar 13, 2013, at 8:27 AM, Brenden Kuerbis wrote:

> [...]
>
> Other that the page that lists the membership (and even that
> slightly undercounts as you noticed), I wouldn't rely on the Ning
> website for anything. E.g., there might be cases where several
> individuals from a NCUC organizational member have pages.    It is
> a social network platform, not a member registry.

+1  There's spam, people who want to join, but never filled out a
NCSG membership application, etc. on the Ning platform.

When a new member is approved by EC, the chair adds them to the
chair's official membership list, which is the master list to protect
with your life.  Unfortunately there are a lot of outdated membership
lists and info on the ICANN wiki and Ning pages, so it gets
confusing.  I appreciate you taking the time to get it clarified and
published properly.  Thanks.

Best,
Robin

PS:  ICANN knows we desperately need an integrated membership
database solution and they said they would help to provide one a
couple months ago, but nothing yet.  Let's keep pressing them on it.

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org