[NCUC E-team] E-mail

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org
Mon Feb 11 18:28:03 CET 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Tapani Tarvainen <
ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info> wrote:

> On Feb 11 11:23, Brenden Kuerbis (bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org) wrote:
>
> > This seems like a good idea to me.  Our domain name account at gandi
> > includes, I think, 5 or 10 email addresses, maybe more which could be
> used
> > for this and setup immediately.
>
> Unless memory fails, it includes five regular mailboxes and no less
> than 1000 forwarding addresses. Enough for now, I think.
> When we get the VPS we can use it to handle ncuc.org mails and have as
> many mailboxes and addresses we want.
>
> > Or I'm sure our technical admins could
> > suggest alternatives for fulfilling this request.
>
> Could, but don't see any need.
>
> > On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Edward Morris <
> edward.morris at alumni.usc.edu
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > As we ease into staring up the Outreach and Inreach efforts, can we
> decide
> > > if we want to set up some e-mail accounts at ncuc.org?
> > >
> > > I'm thinking it could look more more professional if I'm cold calling
> with
> > > x @ncuc.org, but will leave the decision to the group. Are there any
> > > downsides to going this route?
>
> Do we need actual mailboxes or just (forwarding) addresses?

If they're forwarding addresses, are the emails still archived somewhere
accessible by other authorized individuals?  We just don't want to end up
in a situation where administrative emails (e.g., info, membership
application requests) are only archived on someone's personal machine.