[NCUC E-team] E-mail

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Mon Feb 11 17:33:00 CET 2013

On Feb 11 11:23, Brenden Kuerbis (bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org) wrote:

> This seems like a good idea to me.  Our domain name account at gandi
> includes, I think, 5 or 10 email addresses, maybe more which could be used
> for this and setup immediately.

Unless memory fails, it includes five regular mailboxes and no less
than 1000 forwarding addresses. Enough for now, I think.
When we get the VPS we can use it to handle ncuc.org mails and have as
many mailboxes and addresses we want.

> Or I'm sure our technical admins could
> suggest alternatives for fulfilling this request.

Could, but don't see any need.

> On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Edward Morris <edward.morris at alumni.usc.edu
> > wrote:
>
> > As we ease into staring up the Outreach and Inreach efforts, can we decide
> > if we want to set up some e-mail accounts at ncuc.org?
> >
> > I'm thinking it could look more more professional if I'm cold calling with
> > x @ncuc.org, but will leave the decision to the group. Are there any
> > downsides to going this route?

Do we need actual mailboxes or just (forwarding) addresses?