[Bylaws] Bylaws revision - working method

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Fri Aug 14 13:53:18 CEST 2015

Hi Arun

Thanks for the reboot and your willingness to step forward and coordinate.  Your proposed schedule is ambitious but I’d think doable.  Some parts obviously are going to take longer than others.

For the calls, why don’t we Doodle dates and then when we have them I’ll ask Maryam to set up Adobe Connect so we can look on screen together.

On the third point, we need to consider also the comments and changes suggested in 2012.  I’d be loath to just set these aside as people spent time on them.  I guess what we could do as we walk through section by section is have two screens open comparing the suggestions then and the current bylaws for reference and then have a third new one we are doing where we move over and adapt newly agreed stuff?

As I said on discuss, I also think it’d be

>> It might be useful to begin by making a list of things that should be changed in order to conform with actual practice and the NCSG charter.  And a list of things that might be “nice to add” or delete. Build consensus in the team around these, develop a revision with line by line comment

We could keep these in mind as proceeded through the sections…

Greetings from yet another ICANN meeting in Amsterdam

Bill