[Bylaws] Bylaws revision - working method

Arun Mohan Sukumar arunmohan.s at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 13:17:18 CEST 2015

Hello bylawyers!

For the revision, since we've two months to attempt this before
Constituency Day in Dublin, may I suggest one working method? Comments,
suggestions most welcome

1. There are 10 sections in the NCUC charter - perhaps we could go through
this section-by-section, and compare them with the NCSG charter to ensure
they are in line. Here's a proposed timeline:

August 15 - 22 - Sections I, and II - Mission, Organisation and Structure
August 23 - 30 - Section III - Membership
August 31 - September 7 - Section IV - Executive Committee
September 8 - 15 - Sections V and VI - Policy Committee and Voting
September 16 - 23 - Sections VII, VIII - Leaving office and Changes to the
Charter
September 24 - October 1 - IX and X - Communications and Transparency

We leave ourselves with a week's buffer in this timeline to address any
unscheduled delay. I'm not sure if we will be able to work during the
second week of October leading up to ICANN 54 since most folks will be busy
preparing for travel.

2. Meetings - I propose a call once at the end of this month and one at the
end of September to take stock. These online meetings aside, I feel most of
our work could be done through mailing list discussion and shared editing.

3. All members in the NCUC and Bylaws list will be notified of the proposed
timeline, so that the open google document can be reviewed anytime. As with
any negotiating text on which there is no consensus, we leave it in square
brackets to discuss during Constituency Day. Consensus text in green.

How do all these sound?

Arun

--
Head, Cyber Initiative